Student Satisfaction Inventory™ (SSI)Strengthen the quality of the student experience through precise, comprehensive satisfaction assessment
The Student Satisfaction Inventory gives you a powerful tool to improve the quality of student life and learning. It measures student satisfaction and priorities, showing you how satisfied students are as well as what issues are important to them. Use this data to:
- Guide strategic action planning
- Strengthen student retention initiatives
- Meet accreditation requirements
- Identify areas of strength for institutional marketing
- Chart your progress toward campus goals
Choose from versions for every type of student and campus
The Student Satisfaction Inventory is available in online and paper formats, with versions for specific institution types. See samples of all versions.
You can also choose additional Satisfaction-Priorities Surveys for key campus populations:
- Institutional Priorities Survey, the companion to the Student Satisfaction Inventory, this survey assesses campus personnel
- Adult Student Priorities Survey, used by many graduate and continuing education programs
- Adult Learner Inventory for students 25 and older, with more of an undergraduate focus
- Priorities Survey for Online Learners for students in online distance learning programs
- Parent Satisfaction Inventory, a companion to the four-year Student Satisfaction Inventory, for the parents of currently enrolled students
Receive national benchmark comparisons
The Noel-Levitz Satisfaction-Priorities Surveys have been taken by more than 4,900,000 students at 2,600 campuses, giving you access to exceptionally valid and varied national benchmarks.
After using the Student Satisfaction Inventory, you receive detailed reports about the responses for your campus. You also have a host of customizable options for data tracking and additional reporting. Plus, your campus receives the National Student Satisfaction and Priorities Report, complete with results categorized by institution type. Review our samples to see the data you receive.
Implementation and accreditation support
For information on administering the Student Satisfaction Inventory, see our implementation guidelines and frequently-asked questions. The SSI is used by many campuses and is mapped to the Southern Association of Colleges Schools (SACS) criteria, the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC) criteria, and the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) criteria. See the accreditation page for more details.
10-Step Satisfaction Assessment Plan
This document outlines 10 steps to implement a student satisfaction assessment on your campus, from building buy-in to administering the survey to sharing the results.
Additional assessments available from Noel-Levitz
Former ACT Student Opinion Survey customer?
Many former users of ACT's Student Opinion Survey have turned to the Student Satisfaction Inventory for student satisfaction-priorities assessment.Learn more about using SSI »
These reports provide national benchmarks for student satisfaction and discuss how student satisfaction plays a direct role in student retention:
Video case study
Christina Conner, Title V activity director and retention specialist, explains how South Plains College used satisfaction assessment data to improve the college experience for students: