Strategic Enrollment Planning: A Dynamic CollaborationRead how you can prepare your campus for lasting, significant enrollment results
$24.95, 210 pp.
How can higher education leaders align campus mission, vision, and values with shifting market needs and expectations?
Campuses with strategic plans are better prepared to face adversity, maintain success, and achieve their desired state. However, what many institutions see as "strategic" plans are often little more than wishful thinking or futile exercises that fail to achieve lasting, significant results.
This book presents a detailed examination of true strategic enrollment planning. Through our contributing authors' campus and consulting experience, the book sheds light on this complex yet vital process that, when conducted correctly, transforms institutions from their current state to what they wish to become, while examining key topics such as:
- Creating a multiyear, data-informed plan;
- Assessing an institution's current state;
- Analyzing key metrics such as market demand, market need, student recruitment, student persistence and completion, and academic and co-curricular offerings;
- Establishing key metrics to guide planning and assess progress;
- Creating buy-in among campus stakeholders; and
- Making planning a living process that evolves with the institution.
The contributors offer their strategies through the lens of years of experience as campus enrollment managers and consultants who have been through the strategic enrollment planning process numerous times. Now, for the first time, this crucial process has been thoroughly organized, documented, and explained.