2012 Mobile Expectations ReportAn E-Expectations trend study
The proliferation of smartphones is transforming the online college search experience. More and more prospective students are using their smartphones to visit campus Web sites, interact through social media channels, watch videos, and more. But what do these students expect when they are browsing college mobile Web sites and social media pages?
The Mobile Browsing Behaviors and Expectations of College-Bound High School Students contains results from a survey of 2,300 students regarding their use of mobile devices in the college search process. The findings discuss:
- How many students browse college sites via mobile devices, and which smartphone/tablet platforms they use
- How satisfied students are with college mobile sites
- What content they value most when browsing on their smartphones
- What social media they access on mobile devices
- How much value students place on Facebook pages for colleges and univeristies
This study was conducted by Noel-Levitz, OmniUpdate, CollegeWeekLive, and NRCCUA (National Research Center for College and University Admissions). It is part of the E-Expectations research series.